OPERATIONS POSITION DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic “B”
Location: America’s Beverage Company
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Primary Work Location: Production Area
Installs, repairs, and maintain machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipes, and electrical and hydraulic systems by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment
2. Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose root cause of problem and repair of the machine.
3. Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
4. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
5. Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers, VFD’s, wiring and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
6. Repairs and maintains the physical structure and appearance of the establishment
7. Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling, machine to repair of fabricate machine parts, jigs, and tolls.
8. Operates a cutting torch and welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
9. Starts and runs equipment to test performance.
10.Trains to become an “A” mechanic
11.Shuts down machine or equipment and “Lock Out” all energy sources before starting repairs. Installs new or fabricates parts to provide repair. Test runs to ensure proper operation.
12.Cleans and PM’s all tools and equipment needed to perform assigned tasks and keeps personal work area cleaned daily, according to company procedures or schedules.
13.Lays out, assembles, installs, repairs and maintains piping systems, hydraulic and pneumatic plumbing systems and related equipment.
14.Installs, repairs or fabricates parts, accessories, or modifications on machinery or equipment, as well as, making modifications to any tools, jigs, shop equipment, or physical plant structures, as needed and directed.
15.Assists with installation, and repair of any machinery and equipment such as, pumps, boilers, piping, compressors, refrigeration systems and other equipment as needed and trained, and directed to repair.
16.Sets up and operates machine tools such as; lathe, grinder, drill, to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures and tools.
17.Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut, shape or join metal parts, and to fabricate and repair machines, benches, counters, shelves, guards, and other metal structures.
18.Willing to support the Safety Quality and Reliability of the Plant and Team.
Suggested Training for Maintenance Mechanic “B”
• Kroger Integrated Operations Orientation
• Finance (General)
• Vendor Management
• Performance Management (Goal Setting)
• Base Condition
• RE Tools Training
• KDT (Kroger Downtime)
• Home Team Improvement
• Focused Improvement
• Stops & Process Maps
• Rapid Changeover
• OSE (Operator Skills Enhancement)
• Reliability Metrics
• Eight Wastes
• RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
• Integrated Maintenance
• Maintenance KPIs
• Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
• Maintenance Engineering