$50,000 - $80,000 /Year
Banking - Financial Services
Credit - Loan - Collections
At least 4 year(s)
Salary: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00
Hours: Full Time Monday – Friday
The Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting large, unusual or complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines. Dependent on division and complexity of underwriting, functions may include:
- Reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios(i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value);
- Evaluating; examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness; preparing formal reports for review; ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines;
- Implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews; assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines;
- Contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decision.
- May provide work direction and/or training to lower level team members and provide performance feedback to supervisor/manager. We are continuing to build our industry-leading mortgage underwriting team!
- 4+ years underwriting experience.
Extensive mortgage underwriting experience which includes but not limited to:
- Experience with income analysis with includes exposure to reviewing Self-employment, Corporate, and Partnerships tax returns; advanced asset analysis and experience working with all types, and experience with layering risk and evaluation.
- Thorough understanding of underwriting policies and procedures, including investor guidelines and regulatory updates.
- Prior experience underwriting/signing authority of 475k or higher.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, highly ethical manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess a high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with clients, customers, and co-workers.
- Time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize multiple objectives and achieve volume goals.
- Experience in talking with the borrower about loan decisions.
- Must be able to work in a production/flexible environment.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Intermediate PC and keyboarding skills, including experience with Windows operating systems.
- Experience underwriting Non-Conforming and/or Bond loans
- FHA/VA Underwriting Experience, DE/CHUMS and /or LAPP
***This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents. ***
FHA/VA Underwriting Experience, DE/CHUMS and /or LAPP