Healthcare - Health Services
Other Great Industries
2 Year Degree
At least 1 year(s)
Red Rocks Dialysis - Zuni (NM) is seeking an experienced Hemo Dialysis RN. Must have at least 1 years experience in dialysis.
FULL TIME POSITION; 40 hrs a week, MON-SAT.
SHIFT: 3:45am - 2:30pm.
• Please apply below for a great career opportunity or fax resumes to 562.495.8048.
• Competitive Salary
• Excellent benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, additional life Insurance. Company paid short & long term disability benefits.
• 401K with employer matching, paid time off.
• Professional staff and work environment.
• Red Rocks, Zuni is a member of the Innovative Dialysis Systems Network. The IDS network includes 85 dialysis programs in 13 states and in Guam.
• For more information on career opportunities at Red Rocks, Zuni and other facilities in the IDS network family please visit our website at: www.idsdialysis.com/
(Equal Opportunity Employer)
Hemodialysis Staff Nurse is a qualified Registered Nurse who performs patient care and related duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse or Facility Director, including assisting and supervising Dialysis Technicians.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
The statements below describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be delegated as required.
1. Start-up, set-up, operation, rinse and disinfection of dialysis machines.
2. Priming of dialyzers including all safety checks related to the reuse of dialyzers.
3. Pre- and post-dialysis nursing evaluation of patients, including sign-off after each dialysis shift on treatment records for assigned patients.
4. Initiates and discontinues dialysis treatment on all assigned patients.
5. Monitors patients throughout their hemodialysis treatment including vital signs, machine checks, emergency intervention and tends to miscellaneous patient needs.
6. Administration of medications to patients per physician order.
7. Neat and legible charting of treatment information, meds, routine tests, etc. per procedure.
8. Implementation and sign-off of physician orders.
9. Cleaning of dialysis machines, patient chairs and other ancillary equipment as needed.
10. Routine and non-routine EKG monitoring for symptomatic patients if there is a monitor or defibrillator on site.
11. Maintains Basic Life Support CPR Certification which includes CPR and other resuscitative measures as indicated and operation of the AED where appropriate as prompted in emergency situations.
12. Restocking of supplies, set-ups, meds, etc. as needed.
13. Performance of lab assignment including preparation and labeling of blood and other specimens, hematocrits, chemstrips, etc. per procedure.
14. Quarterly review of medications with patients.
15. Participates in the quarterly review of emergency/disaster procedures with patients.
16. Participates in annual emergency/disaster in-service meeting & drill.
17. Attends general staff meetings and in-service meetings as able.
18. Responsible for notifying the Charge Nurse, physician, or other team member of any aspect of a patient's condition which warrants further attention, whether it be medical, psychosocial, dietary, etc.
19. Transfer/transport of patients within the facility with sufficient assistance from other staff.
20. Functions as a relief Charge Nurse when necessary including the daily check of emergency equipment, physician communication, etc.
21. Performance of ancillary duties, which contribute to the smooth operation of the facility (i.e. answering the telephone, taking a lab report, etc.) provided the duties are within his/her ability to perform.
22. Other duties as assigned.
•Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed as a Registered Nurse
•Training and/or experience (one year preferred) in an outpatient hemodialysis setting