Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
Skilled Labor - Trades
Dedicated Linehaul Drivers Needed! Home Daily
$2,000 Sign on Bonus!
Central Transport is now seeking quality drivers for immediate openings for Dedicated Linehaul Route Positions. These are Career openings and not seasonal positions. These positions will have you home every day and every weekend out of our West Allis, WI terminal to handle expanded business. These positions offer dedicated routes and schedules and offer excellent income for those qualified drivers seeking to take their career to the next level.
Central Transport Offers:
- $1000 Sign On Bonus!
- H2me Daily
- Weekends Off
- New Drivers Earning
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- 401K Program
- Referral Bonus Program
If you have any questions, please call Recruiting at (866) 752-3738
Apply in person at:
11218 W. Mitchell
West Allis, WI 53214
JOB SUMMARY OR PURPOSE:
To transport or deliver freight by driving tractor trailer combinations short distances and/ or long distances.
- Hook and unhook trailers from the tractor itself or from convertor dollies, including pushing and/ or pulling dollies into place and cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi trailers and/ or the front support on convertor dollies.
- Load and unload trailer with mechanical freight handling equipment as required.
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip.
- Check shipping papers to determine the nature of load and to check for the presence of hazardous materials.
- Ensure that all shipment documentation required to move with shipment is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Report all accidents and/ or incidents involving driver or company equipment
- Safe and legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Safe and timely transportation of freight from origin to destination.
- Proper loading and unloading of freight to assure safety and minimal risk of damage to cargo and danger to people.
- Development and maintenance of professional and effective relations between the company and the customer.
- Professional representation of the company through responsible driving.
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License with Hazmat endorsement (or willingness to obtain endorsement.)
- Must have a minimum six months previous tractor trailer driving experience.
- Must have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of transportation
Related Keywords: truck driver, CDL, C D L, C.D.L., Haz Mat, Hazardous Materials, Haz Mat Endorsement, Hazardous Materials Endorsement, Hazardous Endorsement, Over the road, team, Freight, OTR, O T R, O.T.R., Company Driver, Transportation, Reefer Units, Refrigerated trailers, Safe, Semi, Cargo, Experienced, Flat Bed, Dry Van, Auto haulers, Regional, Heavy Haul, Road and Range, Delivery, Cargo, Logistics, Heacy Transportation, Distribution, Professional, Class A, Home daily, Local Route, No weekends, Dependable, Central Transport, DOT, D.O.T., Tractor Trailer, Commercial Drivers License, Home time