Purpose & Scope:
Assists in the development, analysis and communication of all assigned field-based compensation programs including Bonus Plans, Sales Contests (SPIFFs), Recognition Programs and IC Eligibility guidelines. Independently completes analyses and assessment of data related to all field-based compensation programs. Accountable for supporting the development of incentive compensation strategy needed to guide Astellas through critical business decisions utilizing analytical modeling techniques. Responsible for developing and maintaining all incentive compensation documents including plan programs and eligibility guidelines. Responsibilities also include professional communication and interaction with internal management and Astellas vendors regarding incentive compensation processes.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Develops analytical models and provides incentive compensation recommendations and insight to support plan development, contest metrics, plan effectiveness, budget management and field-based reporting
2. Instrumental in the design of incentive plan programs to ensure programs are optimally aligned with corporate strategy
3. Designs and maintains verification process to ensure all data/calculations are accurate for incentive payouts, including adjustments, eligibility and reporting; additionally leads the approvals for all incentive compensation program documentation and payroll reports
4. Leads and manages the quarterly frozen alignment process
5. With Manager, IC, assists in the development of written communication of field-based incentive compensation programs (including quarterly bonus plans, contests and other ad hoc programs as necessary)
6. Provides analytical support for plan development, budget management, plan effectiveness, field-based performance rankings and reporting earnings statements.
7. Performs timely and accurate responses to incentive compensation and sales crediting inquiries; this includes performing analyses required to address more complex inquiries
8. Leads the approval for all incentive compensation program documentation and payroll reports.
9. Coordinates with HR and consultants/vendors to ensure quarterly data is accurate for payouts and award program administration.
10. Coordinates implementation of incentive compensation program updates and the communication of those updates to field-based personnel and consultants/vendors. Includes presenting overview of Astellas' Incentive Compensation programs to New Hire Sales Training classes.
• Accuracy and timeliness of analytical models required to assess incentive compensation programs
• Accuracy and timeliness of quarterly bonus calculations and payment dates
• Accuracy and timeliness of incentive reporting, goals and communications to field sales
• Quality and timeliness of operational support for multiple sales teams, incentive plans, contests and award programs based on feedback from key customers and cross-functional colleagues
• Accuracy and timeliness of responses to inquiries submitted to the IC mailbox
The Senior Incentive Compensation Analyst works closely with internal departments, field personnel, senior sales management, and outside consultants/vendors on a regular basis regarding incentive compensation processes.
• Bachelor's Degree in business related field
• Minimum 4+ years of analytical experience or related Sales Operations experience
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to communicate ideas and data in a persuasive and appropriate manner to all levels of the organization
• Ability to work with others and assume the lead in accomplishing departmental goals
• Ability to prepare and lead presentations
• Experience in incentive compensation administration and design
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Working knowledge of sales data sources, i.e., IMS Health and Source Healthcare Analytics*cb*
4 Year Degree
At least 4 year(s)
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.