Patient Access Representative
More Information about being a Patient Access Representative:
As a Patient Access Representative you will speak directly with patients, physicians and insurance organizations to facilitate patient registration and ensure the accurate scheduling of medical appointments, procedures and tests. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate scheduling information and accurately record information obtained, while maintaining patient confidentiality. The Patient Access role requires outstanding customer service, along with great attention to detail, the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and a high degree of integrity. Empathy, flexibility and exceptional communication skills are required. Our mission is to ensure that each patient’s experience is a positive one.
Prior customer service experience is required, as are outstanding communication skills and a desire to interface with a variety of people. Computer proficiency and solid data entry skills are also necessary. While prior customer service experience is required, prior experience in a health care setting is not required.
The application process is intended to help us select the best candidates for the position, candidates that are committed to learning and providing world class customer service. It consists of the following steps:
- You will need to complete online application and resume (or submit hard copies)
- If selected, you will receive a short (five minute) phone screen
- You will also be asked to participate in a brief, four to six question automated interview.
- If you are selected after the phone screen and automated interview, you will be invited into our offices for an in person interview.
- Finally, if selected, we will ask you to come to Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare to meet with both a hiring manager and Goodwill TalentBridge recruiting consultant.
The temporary process lasts approximately 12 weeks as a Goodwill TalentBridge associate. You will begin your training and orientation with three days at Goodwill Industries, and then the remainder of the training and orientation will happen on-site at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. Upon successful completion of the training and orientation, a full time, permanent Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare associate position with a full benefit package will be offered.