6 month Contract to Hire
Conversion Salary: $65,000-$90,000
Kansas City, MO
Independently performs moderately to highly complex application development tasks and assignments. Prepares detailed specifications, diagrams, and other programming structures from which programs are written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents moderately to highly complex programs and applications, in addition to performing advanced application maintenance tasks.
Independently uses development tools and utilities to develop, support, and customize moderately to highly complex business applications.
- Analyzes requirements and participates in the resulting design activities for moderately to highly complex business applications in the context of the full software development life cycle.
- Performs in-depth analysis and design including utilization of UML, Use Cases, and Sequence and Class Diagrams.
- Applies the Unified Process development framework and agile development concepts.
- Develops and maintains required documentation for each phase of the development cycle.
- Develops technical requirements through interviews with business partners.
- Develops prototypes and/or functional/technical specifications to meet business needs.
- Codes and tests software in accordance with department, System, and industry accepted standards.
- Develops test plans and scripts for unit and integration testing.
- Applies and advises other on division policies including change management, source code management, time tracking, and project management. Uses designated tools as required.
- Participates in, and occasionally directs, moderately to highly complex team projects.
- Contributes to the achievement of team goals by leveraging experience and sound judgment.
- Provides direction and guidance to less-experienced staff.
- Consistently increases depth and breadth of knowledge in programmer/analyst key result areas: application development tools, analysis & design, project management, and leadership.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Associate’s degree specializing in computer science, or equivalent experience required; Bachelor’s degree specializing in computer science preferred
- Advanced skill in the development of ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) processes utilizing the Informatica Power Center Application; experience with multiple languages preferred
- At least four years of relevant work experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think logically
- Strong initiative and organization skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills
- Good leadership skills
United States citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position. Additional citizenship and/or permanent residency requirements may apply and will be discussed during the hiring process if applicable.