Monoprice Inc. is a premier manufacturer and distributor of high quality cables, components and accessories for computer and consumer electronics. Established in 2002, we have built our reputation by the word of mouth of our customers. The Monoprice brand's greatest claim to fame is our consistent ability to deliver premium quality products on par with the best known national brands at prices far below the retail average along with unmatched speed and service. Our corporate offices are located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Why consider opportunities with us?
Monoprice Inc. has been recognized by Inc. 500 as a fast-growing entrepreneurial business 3 years in a row! For more information about Monoprice, please view our company website at www.monoprice.com. Also visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/monopricecom and Twitter www.twitter.com/monoprice
Monoprice Inc. currently has career opportunities in several departments and… we are always looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class team.
We currently have the following position available:
This position reports to the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for purchasing specific items through an overseas supply chain, reviewing, current pricing and market trends and establish fair and reasonable pricing using competition when possible. Also to review pricing and quality data and establish the right supplier to provide products based on overall Best Value. Closely monitor inventory level of each product for current required levels of inventory including that of unplanned demand and key accounts forecasts. Ensure quality product is purchased at the best price to support production schedules and inventory targets. Leads cost reduction programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reviews JE forecast and history to determine unusual events. Gets feedback from sales and product management to properly adjust forecasts.
• Reviews JE order quantities to determine for accuracy while maintaining inventory goals.
• Contacts suppliers to negotiate pricing and delivery dates. Places purchases orders for the recommended/required order quantity with suppliers after reviewing/analyzing data from the MRP system.
• Recommends and processes PO expediting/de-expediting to maintain inventory goals by negotiating with suppliers.
• Orders material to support sales for assigned commodities as required by the MRP system. Insures these products are scheduled and delivered to meet the demand in accordance with Purchasing policies and procedures.
• Develops and makes decisions relating to LTA’s, Contracts, Price Books, Volume Purchasing Agreements and Inventory Stocking Programs with suppliers.
• Coordinates with China office to develop supplier sourcing strategy options for reducing costs and inventory exposure, as well as sourcing new products.
• Counsels and collaborates with Product Management to support new product development and launch.
• Expedites/defers deliveries of components to support sales and maintain optimal inventory levels.
• Coordinates with suppliers, Product Management and Warehouse to execute actions necessary in the disposition of non-conforming products. Including communicating with , Product Management and the supplier to obtain RMA#’s, coordinate the return of products, corrective action, replacement of conforming products and rework/scrap cost reimbursement.
• Reviews product specifications and works with Product Management to insure suppliers have a clear understanding of the requirements.
• Leads the activities of their assigned Commodity Team and leads in cost reduction initiatives and lean improvement projects.
• Prepares reports, action plans, analyzes sales trends, creates and updates metrics as required.
• Creates and updates procedures.
• Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.