WE ARE LOOKING FOR PHYSICAL THERAPISTS FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
* PER DIEM TO COVER LA, EAST LA & SOUTH BAY
* PER DIEM TO COVER CULVER CITY TO MALIBU/PACIFIC PALISADES
* PER DIEM TO COVER SANTA CLARITA & SURROUNDING AREAS
The Physical Therapist (PT) is a professional member of the health care team who provides Physical Therapy services to patients. The care will be within the scope of the therapist’s education and experience, physical therapy standards of practice, state, federal and accreditation regulations and in compliance with physician’s orders.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions of the Position):
1. Evaluates patients and establishes realistic functional treatment goals. Develops reasonable and necessary treatment plans, obtains authorization when indicated.
2. Provides direct patient treatment such as therapeutic exercise, functional training, massage, heat/cold, electrical stimulation.
3. Observes, records and reports to the physician and nursing supervisor the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient’s condition.
4. Instructs patient, family and home health staff n use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes and prosthetic devices.
5. Instructs other health team personnel in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with the patient.
6. Provides physical therapy supervision and consultation to the home health nurses when indicated.
7. Completes required records including physician orders, assessments/care plans, clinical visit notes, route sheets, communication notes, team conference notes, and discharge summaries. Submits documentation to agency within one week of visit. Initial assessment and plan of care turned in within 48 hours.
8. Attends agency orientation, staff meetings, case conference and educational in-service as requested.
9. Coordinates the plan of care with the physician, the patient and other disciplines through verbal communication and team conference notes. Calls patients prior to scheduled visits.
10. Evaluates home for safety features and the need for appliances which would aid in self-care.
11. Performs all duties in accordance with ASNS policies and procedures.
12. Performs other duties as required.
13. Maintains confidentiality and privacy of client/family finances, records, health status, etc.
14. Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee information including employee health and personal information.