MC Industrial, the heavy industrial sector of McCarthy Building Companies, is seeking and Estimator. The Estimator will assist the Estimating Team in all aspects of the bid/estimating process from review of plans and specs to soliciting and negotiating prices from subcontractors/suppliers through completion of bid/estimating effort including closeout. Performs quantity take-off, pricing, scoping and bidding of heavy industrial projects.
Estimating Support for Projects
- Performs quantity take-offs.
- Assists in the pricing and bidding of projects.
- Communicates with engineers, owners, and consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements, and documents these clarifications.
- Actively participates in the internal estimate review process.
- Assists with final assembly of estimate.
- After the bid, collects and organizes all bid information for future reference.
- Aids field operations with change order pricing if needed.
- Aids in maintaining historical data.
Subcontractor/Vendor Analysis for Bids
- Directs, coordinates and provides access to information and documents to subcontractors.
- Prepares contractual exhibits for scope of work for subcontracts.
Participates by soliciting subcontractors, developing/clarifying scope, and evaluating bids.
Industry Knowledge / Relationships
- Builds relationships with subcontractors to obtain a competitive advantage for MC Industrial.
- Attends industry events and represents MC Industrial to the industry in a professional capacity.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal MC Industrial and McCarthy clients.
- Keeps current with latest estimating technology and techniques.