Manage the quality of raw material, in-process material and finished product. Ensure the existing product manufacturing procedures, GMP, HACCP, weight control and other quality control procedures are followed and are updated when necessary. Support R&D plant trials and formulations of new and existing products.
- 1. Implement and update raw material receiving, on-hold and rejection procedures.
- 2. Write Care reports; contact suppliers on quality issues.
- 3. Update raw material specs and Kosher Certification.
- 4. Manage microbiological testing program including sampling, testing, holding and releasing procedures and identify any contamination sources.
- 5. Monitor and/or Verify production processes to ensure the manufacturing procedures are followed, which include:
Cooking/vacuum temperatures, cooling tunnel temp, solids, moisture, flow rates, coating %, metal detectors, weight control, raw material variances and packaging quality.
- 6. Monitor and /or Verify food safety and sanitation programs to include, but are not
GMP’s, SSOP’s, MSS, Pre-Op Inspections, ATP Verification, HACCP Program,
Allergen program, Pest Control program
- 7. Formulate and conduct process/manufacturing audits and troubleshooting.
- 8. Update manufacturing procedures and production sheets and conduct training
- 9. Coordinate and verify monthly Quality Report. Investigate and document customer complaints.
- 10. Support R&D plant trials. Support outside Auditors/Inspectors.
- 11. Develop new product formulas and update current as required.
12. Conduct shelf life testing and taste panels for sensory evaluation on finished products.
13. Establish and update analytical testing procedures for the lab and perform routine testing and verifications when needed. Coordinate all CoA’s for raw materials.
14. Coordinate R&D lab technicians schedule and project work.
15. Perform other related work assigned by Quality Assurance Manager.
16. Verify and update nutritional Facts/Art work for new products.
17. Conduct traceability exercises and assist QA Manager on Mock Recalls.
18. Maintain good housekeeping in the retain storage room and QA lab.
19. Plant trial coordination with Production departments.
20. Plant trial documentation and filing.
21. Sensory analysis and evaluation of product characteristics.
22. Audit production processing of newly developed products to ensure standards, procedures and formulas are being followed and evaluate and qualify new ingredients and flavors.
B. S. or M. S. in Food Science or related science. At least two year’s experience in the food industry.