Design Engineer - Automotive
The principal role of this individual will be to conduct and supervise the design and analysis of systems and sub systems for current and next generation commercial and military ground vehicles. Representative areas requiring development include, but are not limited to: chassis, driveline, suspension, steering, power train, brakes, and armor kits. This individual will be involved in the development of components, systems, and/or complete vehicles. Design projects include modifications and improvements to existing vehicles, as well as development of complete vehicle prototypes. Design scope may include requirements development, concept design, CAD/blueprint creation, and oversight of procurement, fabrication, and machining activities.
- Proposal development
- Component/system conceptual development
- Component/system requirements development
- Component/system research
- Component/system model development and thermal/mechanical analysis
- Model development supervision and review
- Report development and review
- Familiarity with material selection and manufacturing processes (machining, forming, welding, etc.)
- Customer interface and correspondence
- Travel will be required
- Task management and status briefings
- Perform tests in the field in extreme temperature and/or environmental conditions.
- Assist in special projects.
- Operate Company vehicles in support of test operations.