1) Assists with the completion of the patient biopsychosocial assessment.
2) Assists in the formulation of the Initial Treatment Plan in conjunction with the appropriate staff.
3) Facilitates Structured Group Activities.
4) Assists with individual patient sessions.
5) Documents patient activities and behaviors.
6) Assists with family contacts as directed by the counseling staff.
7) Provides assistance to the patient in the development of their aftercare plan.
8) Assists with initial and emergency referral contacts.
9) Participates on a rotating basis with ongoing educational programs, lecture series and community meetings.
10) Attends ongoing education as determined by the Department Coordinator.
11) Conducts thorough searches of incoming patients and their belongings. This search includes the documentation of the search process and confiscated items, enforcing the contraband list and placing the luggage in the appropriate location.
12) Secures patient luggage on discharge.
13) Monitors patient activities and whereabouts including bed checks on evening shift.
14) Monitors role calls and locating/reporting patients not in attendance.
15) Crisis intervention within the assigned unit and keeping Coordinator/Supervisor informed of each abnormal situation arising on the shift
16) All other duties as assigned.