An Account Manager will be primarily responsible for developing new sales within the market as well as serve as the primary contact for existing clients, ensuring that Brickman has a sustained, long-term, loyal relationship. This individual achieves client satisfaction with our work, and fully leverages our relationships to benefit the client and Brickman. Responsible for the management of a client portfolio of multiple key clients, focused on maximizing revenue growth and client retention.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Client Service: 50% of the Time
Sales Responsibility: 30% of the Time
- Develop new business opportunities through standard sales practices.
- Develop and maintain long-term, loyal client relationships, which lead to 100% renewals of each account, within the customer portfolio.
- Develop and maintain a personification schedule and perform “site walk throughs” with customers that ensure high quality and service expectations are met.
- Pro actively present site enhancement ideas to existing customers.
- Organize, facilitate and lead to solve customer problems or concerns. Proactively assist in resolving issues with customer service when needed.
Production Communication: 10% of the Time
- Network and support Regional Sales team to secure new sales opportunities.
- Earn new work through referrals from existing customer base.
- Responsible for maximizing work opportunities and achieving work order sales that meet branch goals.
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase account growth and drive revenue.
- Responsible for accurate estimates and takeoffs as needed.
Administrative/Other: 10% of the Time
- Participate in Branch team meetings and assist Branch Manager on overall leadership of Branch.
- Communicate regularly with Branch production personnel to ensure customer expectations are being met or exceeded.
- Develop strong relationships with production personnel to ensure that customer service and production teams are coordinated on serving customers.
- Participate in month end closes.
- Complete all required paperwork in the sales process.
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
- Accounts Receivable
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position:
Acts with Integrity
The individual demonstrates sound work ethics and acts in a way that causes others to trust. Builds trust with others through own authenticity and follow-through on commitments.
The individual adapts to change in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
The individual demonstrates a professional sales approach and on-going communications with clients. Presents a professional image to all prospects and clients. Writes letters and proposals that are clear and concise. Communicates effectively with clients during presentations, site visits, phone calls, and other oral communications, utilizing necessary information to accomplish objectives. Maintains up-to-date promotional materials. Keeps in touch with clients regularly and is responsive to their interpersonal and business needs. Demonstrates ability to listen effectively.
The individual effectively conveys work results and concepts; shares ideas with others; expresses oneself clearly, both verbally and in writing.
The individual negotiates and cooperates with others to accomplish optimal utilization of resources. Develops and maintains effective personal and work relations with internal and external customers. Provides leadership in projects through all phases to completion. Gains the understanding, support, and effective action of team members. Serves as an effective team member. Demonstrates commitment to eliminating organizational barriers to teamwork and quality improvement. Motivates others to work effectively as a team.
Dedicated to quality customer service. Goes the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. Handles “moments of truth” effectively and positively. Eliminates barriers to superior customer service.
The individual exhibits a readiness to make decisions, take action, and make commitments. Develops alternative courses of action and makes decisions which are logical and which reflect factual information. Utilizes ethical judgment; evaluates situations and identifies existing problems or opportunities; searches for root causes when solving problems; makes high-quality decisions based on accurate assessment of the facts and situation.
The individual initiates special efforts and uses innovative problem solving to reach goals. Constantly improves every work process/system to meet business needs. Displays energy, drive, and initiative in the pursuit of goals. Exhibits original thinking ingenuity, and creativity in the development of new or improved methods or approaches. Exhibits tenacity until desired objectives are achieved. Effectively responds to unique challenges.
The individual demonstrates themselves as a positive role model for others to follow. Influences/mentors others to achieve a high level of performance. Motivates others to take action. Builds strong relationships and uses credibility and personal presence to achieve collaboration.
Planning & Time Management
The individual organizes activities to ensure their proper completion in a timely manner. Effectively schedules time by assigning priorities to daily/weekly/monthly work activities. Avoids crises through systematic planning and follow-through. Documents and files appropriate information in an organized manner for future reference.
The individual takes the initiative by acting rather than reacting to events. Anticipates possible issues or problems that may develop and actively utilizes the appropriate resources to address potential problems.
The individual understands in detail the suite of landscape services offered by Brickman; can assess client needs and present appropriate services for potential work order and maintenance business.
The individual exhibits and inspires in others a sense of urgency in accomplishing results. Takes ownership for achieving results. Looks for ways to improve efficiencies, solves problems and overcomes barriers for success.
Technical and Professional Knowledge
Understands application of job responsibilities essential to present job; keeps up-to-date on developments related to the company, profession, resources and technology. Serves as “resource person” on whom others rely for advice and support. Uses all the resources at their disposal to be able to answer even the utmost difficult questions. Keeps informed of the latest developments in their area of expertise.