Basically, we're looking for someone to sit within the business and report in to IT;
they are the liaison between the teams in relation to the Applications specific to each function.
described as "An Oracle Account Manager" type profile, we need someone who has a good knowledge of the business and how they use technology, but can also interface with IT on the functionality, etc.
Investment will need familiarity with trading systems, apps, etc. and Distribution will need CRM, Sales Distribution experience/knowledge. We'll take someone who came up through the business and gravitated towards technology, or vice versa.
Using discretion and judgment, establishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with Investment business units. The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) for Distribution will serve as Information Technology's primary point of contact for all business units in the Distribution areas, helping members of the business units address technology issues and requirements including all aspects of technology from desktop and market data services to new project initiation.
The BRM will develop and maintain strong and close contact with business unit leaders, developing an understanding of their goals, priorities, and needs and ensure that these are appropriately represented to IT management. The BRM will serve as their advocate within the IT organization. In addition, the BRM will help ensure a positive and efficient interaction with the IT organization, aiding in the navigation of IT procedures and providing guidance as required.
- Establishes and oversees the relationship between designated business units and the Global Information Technology organization.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of designated business unit's goals and priorities through regular and routine interaction with business unit staff, including but not limited to attending regular staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with business unit management. Uses this knowledge to help set and manage technology priorities for the business unit.
- Represents business unit's goals and priorities to the IT organization, advocating on behalf of the business unit.
- Aids in the proactive identification of opportunities to effectively apply technology to business unit's challenges to improve business unit processes and help drive toward their goals.
- Maintains a strong understanding of IT processes and procedures and applies this knowledge to help ensure designated business units enjoy a smooth and seamless interaction with the IT organization, while ensuring that all necessary steps are followed.
- Tracks current and planned technology initiatives related to the designated business unit, working in closely with the Project Management Office ensuring regular communication to business unit stakeholders regarding project status.
- Ensures communication to designated business units issues or initiatives taking place elsewhere in the organization that could impact them, and of potential resource conflicts.
- Leads a quarterly meeting of Investment senior management to ensure that project status and prioritization are effectively communicated.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in the investment management industry, preferably working with the institutional and retail distribution areas, and at least four 4 years of information technology experience.
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques, including project planning, including budgeting, creation of work-breakdown structures cost and schedule baselines, resource loading, and risk management.
- Strong leadership qualities to lead and manage diverse teams across organizational boundaries and outside of normal reporting structures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong service orientation with enthusiasm for developing creative programs and solutions to business issues.
Randstad Technologies is an EOE-M/F/V/D and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world.