The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing financial statements; providing timely and accurate financial information, analytic review and analysis of financial information to Division and Local Market Supervisors and Managers; preparing journal entries for major accounts, and assisting in the maintenance of the automated books of original entry. Management uses the financial statements to make operating decisions. Mistakes can have serious financial implications for the Division and Local Markets. This position has a low tolerance for error.
This position consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to the applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and the company's policies and procedures. In addition, Regional leaders are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
- Prepares and interprets monthly internal financial statements (consolidated and nonconsolidated), monthly and year-end external Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and quarterly year-end Statutory Financial Reports
- Performs analytic review and prepares variance analyses
- Interprets results for supervisors and managers
- Prepares trend analyses using computer models and graphs
- Prepares ongoing and special management reports from financial data
- Reviews automated books of original entry for all entities and ensures that entries posted are made in accordance with GAAP
- Assists management in reading/ interpreting financial reports
- Assists in maintaining the automated general ledger system reports
Kforce (Nasdaq:KFRC) is a professional staffing and solutions firm providing flexible and permanent staffing solutions in the skill areas of technology, finance & accounting, clinical research and healthcare. Backed by approximately our associates and consultants on assignment, Kforce is committed to "Great People = Great Results" for our valued clients and candidates. Kforce operates with 65 offices located throughout the United States and two offices in the Philippines.
Job Ref#: 2312~AQG~1160494T1~99