Senior health & safety compliance program leader to guide technical and regulatory staff in delivering industrial hygiene assessment, and health and safety management compliance services to commercial and industrial clients. Strong knowledge and practical experience is required, with specific focus on California OSHA and federal OSHA health & safety programs including: Injury and illness prevention program (IIPP); Hazard Communication; chemical exposure; personal protection equipment (PPE) assessments; job hazard analysis (JSAs); lockout/tagout programs; confined space; fall protection; hot work; management systems; Process Safety Management (PSM) program; and training programs. Experience leading, developing and conducting work activities associated with health & safety compliance management programs for multi-facility commercial and industrial operations. Experience conducting and managing EH&S compliance audit programs for industrial facilities, including those in manufacturing (e.g., aerospace, electronics, food & beverage, wood products, etc.), petroleum refining, chemical processing, and energy generation sectors. Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) required; Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
Seeking qualified candidates with significant experience providing health & safety compliance services to commercial and industrial operations. Experience with State of California health & safety compliance programs is required. Grow compliance program development and audit services business. Work with the regional management team, business development team and the National Practice Leader for EH&S Auditing and Compliance Services to deliver services and products to our clients, and grow our compliance services business throughout California.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for:
• Building business and the company?s reputation as a qualified provider of compliance services.
• Build, lead and motivate a regional compliance services team in California.
• Routinely participates in key conferences, delivering presentations to clients, and preparing articles/papers.
• Maintain and share knowledge of current and leading applicable technologies and California regulations.
• Implement the National Practice Program (NPP) standards and methodologies to consistently deliver high quality services and products.
• Managing project financials, business development & bid and proposals (BD/B&P) budgets, and delivery of proposed margin to the business line.
• Lead and/or support technical proposal development for local and national clients.
• Identify, pursue and select qualified team resources to grow the health & safety compliance services practice, and maintain a list of practice resources (years of experience, education, certifications/licenses, location, skills/expertise, industry experience, etc.).
Participate in monthly practice calls with the National Practice Leader specifically focused on:
• Track monthly/quarterly performance of the health & safety compliance services practice.
• Participate in client project work as the senior technical/regulatory leader, program manager, project manager, or QA/QC reviewer.
• Work with the National Practice Leader, and regional/district management and program/project managers to determine resource needs. Participate in proposal development and/or review of key practice opportunities throughout the Western region.
Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred in chemistry, industrial hygiene, chemical engineering, or related sciences. 15+ years of experience; prior health & safety compliance consulting experience or corporate health & safety compliance experience is required.
• Dynamic and highly motivated: Engaging professional with strong interpersonal skills. Lifelong learner that is willing and capable of acquiring new skills and knowledge to meet changing client and market demands.
• Collaborative: Capable of working effectively in a team environment, and independently. Desire and skills to work with a team of professionals with a focus on the ability to lead and provide constructive leadership input to team.
• Excellent verbal communication skills required.
• Excellent technical writing skills: Clear and concise writing style. Ability to make high-level technical findings easy to comprehend. Relative writing samples will be required as a condition of candidacy.
• Quality-driven: Thorough and detailed in developing instructions, protocols, documenting observations and findings, and related documentation of high quality necessary to withstand legal review and scrutiny.
• Well-organized and able to meet critical deadlines and budgets.
• Flexible: Accepting and adaptable to change and others? perspectives.
• Travel: Able to travel throughout California and nationwide for business development and implementation of projects, programs and client meetings. Travel up to 30% throughout the year.
Please refer to the Job Description for the qualifications.
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.