National Express Corporation (NEC) a national leader in Fleet Operations and transportation services is searching for a reliable, dynamic and accomplished TRANSIT REGIONAL MAINTENANCE LEADER who will be responsible in a future role, the oversight of a large Transit fleet workforce.
This position will be responsible for the oversight of a geographical area in the Eastern United States for the effective and efficient management of the maintenance function within the locations specified. The position will ensure that the operations functions have a full complement of safe roadworthy vehicles in line with the service level agreements set forth and in accordance with the outlined financial and operational objectives. Transit Fleet Maintenance Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Position provides front-line supervision and direction to a large workforce located throughout a specific geographic area and is responsible for creatively resolving a diversity of issues/problems to ensure that technicians are competently trained and conversant with corporate policies, practices and processes related to safety in the workplace.
- To direct and control the company’s vehicle and premises/plant maintenance activities within their area and ensuring compliance with all statutory, contractual and policy requirements.
- To direct, control and ensure that there are sufficient resources available to meet prescribed levels of service every time.
- To continually monitor performance and to make appropriate alterations as required utilizing all available resources.
- To continually review the maintenance strategy ensuring commercial viability and effective service delivery.
- To promote maintenance to the customer developing and introducing quality initiatives.
- To be responsible for disciplinary / grievance / sickness procedures at the appropriate level for the geographic area. Encourage and values input and feedback from the maintenance Staff.
- To communicate effectively through regular meetings with lead hands where appropriate. Frequent contact with VP Operations & Maintenance, Human Resources Services, Route Operations/Events, Driver Care and Customer Care to discuss/resolve customer service/operations/training issues, seek clarification/interpretation and/or provide input into corporate strategies, policies and plans.
- Position is accountable for building and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the organization to ensure that bus transportation operations are managed efficiently and effectively, customer satisfaction levels are maintained/improved and to facilitate the timely resolution of issues/problems.
- Position provides supervision to Maintenance Facility Leads and Technicians and is responsible for ensuring proper qualifications and training plans; provides day-to-day advice, guidance and direction in the resolution of a range of operational issues and non-safety training and resolves disciplinary and/or performance problems.
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
- Experience managing Mechanic staff in multiple locations / Regions.
- Must be computer proficient (MS Office, Outlook, & other Fleet management software)
- Prior responsibility for inventory management for multiple Fleet locations
- Environmental Compliance for storage of Oil, Fuel, and other fleet inventory.
- Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
- Minimum of Five years supervisory experience
- Prior Responsibility with Fleet budgets and asset management
- Strong organizational ability to work with DOT, Vendors, Customers and Manufactures
- Working knowledge of Contract bids, RFP’s, and Warranty collection
Interested candidates should apply online:
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
Key Skills: Fleet Maintenance Transit Operations Division, Fleet annual budget management, Transit maintenance planning, employee training, fleet training programs, Fleet maintenance Operations Management, Professional Fleet Manager, Fleet Safety program, Fleet inspections, Life-Cycle Costing analysis, Recommendations and procedures on Fleet vehicles, Fleet team Management, Executive fleet management, Multiple maintenance shop locations, Corporate Fleet Manager, Fleet acquisition, Supervision of Fleet Services employees, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Fleet aging analysis, Fleet Mechanic supervision, Heavy-Duty Equipment director, Maintenance standardization, Fleet Management Policy and Procedure implementation, 310T Truck & Coach License / Red Seal endorsement, Motor Vehicle Management programs and policies, fleet utilization, Fleet Maintenance Infrastructure, Warranty claims management, preventative maintenance program, Fleet Inventory Reporting Systems, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, KPI’s, Manufacture warranty collection, School Bus, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, Fleet policy, DOT inspections, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, Fleet Services, maintenance cost and vehicle replacement analysis, vehicle specifications, Critically Analyze, labour relations, environmental legislation, Fleet Technical Operations, DOT, OSHA, HAZMAT, PMTC, NAFA, and C.A.R.B..
Please feel free to visit our corporate website at www.nationalexpresscorp.com, for additional information regarding our company.