General Dynamics IT has a contingent opening for a Network Systems Analyst at Stennis Space Center, MS.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
REQUIRED SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
6 years relevant experience in supporting the network requirements for a campus environment, using open systems architecture.
Familiarity with Local Area Network (LAN) design, administration of network hardware (hubs, router, bridges, firewalls and gateways), Wide Area Network (WAN) architecture.
Experience with TCP/IO protocols and standards. Familiarity with support of Windows/Linux platforms on a TCP/IO network. An understanding of the security impacts related to various network configurations.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Required Work Experience:
6-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
Other Desirable Requirements:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
4. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
US Citizenship required. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to pass a government background investigation.
The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Accounting, Government, Information Technology, Other
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.