1 Preferred Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thorough understanding of the insurance industry and how it relates to Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and HCFA guidelines as it pertains to coding and compliance.
- Maintains a high level of proficiency in computer applications.
- Skills in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, staff, physician offices, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of management
- Must exhibit desirable trunk and extremity mobility and strength to perform job duties.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds safely
- Must be able to see, hear, and speak English.
- Must be able to sit for long periods
In the work environment of the center, there may be potential exposure to communicable diseases,
contaminated blood and body fluids, and hazardous materials. In addition fluoroscopy is utilized which may expose the employee to radiation.