Sales - Marketing
4 Year Degree
At least 6 year(s)
Must reside in Broomfield, CO
The Senior Product Manager – Mobile Printing is responsible for the total product life cycle management of mobile printing products used in a wide variety of vertical market applications. Key job responsibilities include managing and supporting current mobile printing product lines, defining new market/product requirements, business plan development, driving new product development in collaboration with multiple product planning and engineering groups, developing key value propositions and messaging to support successful product launches, and providing ongoing support to help close key sales opportunities.
The primary responsibilities of this Sr. Product Manager will be to:
Drive development of new mobile printer product lines
- Drive market research, competitive analysis, understand customer business challenges, follow latest market and technology trends, interact with resellers and ISVs to develop business plan and market leading innovative specifications for next generation mobile printing products.
- Effectively collaborate with multiple product planning and engineering teams to ensure successful product development.
- Develop product messaging, unique value propositions, positioning, pricing, competitive analysis, product web presence, presentations and collaborate with Product Marketing to support successful product launches.
- As the product champion provide technical expertise and training to other technical expertise and training to other departments (sales, customer service, tech support) and channel partners.
- Partner with sales and provide support to help close key sales opportunities.
Manage and support current mobile printer product lines
- Provide exceptional product support to sales organization, end-users and channel partners to help close key sales opportunities.
- Custom Solutions: Drive product enhancements and derivatives, accessory development, firmware changes based on customer specific requirements. Should be able to develop business case justification to drive the projects with product planning and engineering teams.
- Identify partnering opportunities with complementary products to create differentiated solutions with stronger value proposition.
- Create/maintain the following business-critical product management processes: Product roadmap/vision (extending out at least 5 years), product messaging, unique value proposition, pricing, end of life announcements, ROI/TCO tools, product web presence, promotions, competitive analysis and presentations.
- Proactively follow latest market and technology trends, attend vertical trade shows, maintain close relationships with alliance partners to constantly gain knowledge and educate sales and engineering on the latest developments in the industry.
- 6 to 8 or more years of product development or product management experience.
- Creative, aggressive and analytical thinker. Must understand Brother Mobile’s target markets and customers and have the ability to translate market/customer requirements into product platforms, derivatives and features.
- Must have the ability to discern between real product/market needs and specific customer needs.
- Manage the new product development process with product planning and engineering teams.
- Specific experience required in the area of business planning and analysis in support of new product introduction. Experience in interfacing with customers, partners, sales teams and other external stakeholders for the product business.
- Must be able to write Marketing Requirement Documents and Product Requirement Documents.
- Must be able to define the key segments and customers to validate the new product and conduct validation activities.
- Support Product Marketing during the Product Launch Process, including demand generation activities, the development of training presentations, collateral material, and the early adopter programs.
- Manage product enhancements and costs throughout the life of the product.
- Must understand the impact of products on BMS’s customers’ business and to articulate this impact by creating a business case with cost/benefit analysis.
- The successful candidate must have strong presentation skills, as well as, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel up to 30-40%.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree/MBA Desired; preferably in the area of Engineering and/or Business Administration.
For immediate consideration, forward resume, which must include salary history and requirements (resumes without salary history and requirements will not be considered