Various Locations Available
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Healthcare - Health Services
Nonprofit - Social Services
At least 1 year(s)
Under general supervision provides assistance to behavioral health staff; performs peer support work through different levels of care to clients enrolled in substance-abuse and/or criminal justice-referred situations in an outpatient, residential, in-home or criminal justice setting and performs related duties required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as a member to the clients including but not limited to modeling appropriate behavior, active listening, reframing old negative client self disclosure.
2. Addresses, supports, and advocates the post treatment needs of clients such as accessing community resources, public transportation, housing, entitlements, outside support groups, and job searches.
3. Contacts clients by phone to discuss and assess their programs.
4. Monitors the mental status of clients and clients’ reactions to medications.
5. Participates in clinical and/or administrative staff meetings and other meetings as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
1. Knowledge of mental health diagnoses, substance abuse, addictions, recovery, relapse prevention, and 12-step treatment philosophy.
2. Knowledge of behavioral health services delivery systems policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of state and local behavioral health and related services procedures.
4. Knowledge of computer software appropriate to the assignment.
5. Ability to establish rapport and work effectively with others.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
8. Skill in the operation of a computer.
9. Skill in the operation of a motor vehicle.
- High school diploma/GED
- Current and valid driver license and good MVR (Motor Vehicle Record)
- Current documentation for state behavioral health competencies and other required documents or ability to complete during Lifewell orientation