If you are looking to work in a large, stable, profitable, well funded, Los Angeles based company, 99¢ Only Stores is the place for you!
99¢ Only Stores is a multi-state, extreme value retailer with nearly 12,000 employees. The Company has over $1.5 billion in annual revenue. We sell all items for 99.99¢ or less, including a wide variety of brand name and private label food and beverages, health and beauty aids, household goods and hardware, stationery and party supplies, toys and much, much more! 99¢ Only Stores is headquarted in the City of Commerce, CA, a few miles south of downtown LA. From our first store opening in 1982, the Company has expanded to over 290 stores in California, Arizona, Nevada and Texas.
The Director of SEC & Financial Reporting will conduct SEC and internal reporting that assures compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley. Interpret technical accounting literature and lead accounting department through implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Manage SEC and internal reporting and assure all requirements are satisfied and/or filed on a timely basis.
- Retain supporting documentation for SEC filings, including 10-K, 10-Q’s, 8-K’s and Proxy. Raise awareness of accounting and financial reporting rules as well as a working knowledge of reporting requirements.
- Ensure that accounting is GAAP compliant and evaluate all pronouncements and interpretations to determine impact of the Company.
- Prepare position papers on accounting issues impacting the Company’s financial statements.
- Assist in ERP system implementation.
- Coordinate SEC filings with external auditors.
- Maintain business cycle control activities and SOX compliance for SEC reporting and taxes cycles.
- Identify and create additional operational reports including the enhancement to the current financial reports
- Automate various systems within accounting, financial reporting and tax.
- Document accounting and reporting processes and create desk top procedures and accounting manual.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
- 7-10 years of accounting experience including 3-5 years public accounting experience (Big 4 or mid-tier firms)
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Experience in researching and implementing GAAP
- Experience in financial reporting
- Experience in ERP system implementation is desirable
- Ability to prioritize work assignments to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven flexibility with changing priorities and tight deadlines, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to interact independently with senior management team and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to be successful working with the tools the company currently has. A passionate and committed individual who will lead by example and demand the best from those around him or her.
- Energetic, results-oriented team player who is willing to get the job done efficiently and accurately.
Background Check: 99¢ Only Stores conducts drug screening for all selected applicants as well as a thorough background check that includes a review of credit, criminal, and motor vehicle history, confirmation of education and employment history. Only direct candidates' resumes will be accepted for this position. No phone calls or agencies please. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster. Others, please do not contact this job poster about other services or products.