Currently we are looking for a Production / Batch Schedule Technician for one of our clients in Hartford, CT. This is a COntract Opportunity.
Job Responsibilities are as follows:
• Assist in environment preparation planning, by participating in the information collection process.
• Execute assigned environment preparation activities and tasks, including scheduling, JCL/PROC modification, component migration, one shot /conversion batch execution and ensures that task status is current within the plan document.
• Works with the Release Leads to ensure tasks for overnight staff are included in Turnover Document. Maintains communications with applications team to monitor and assist in delivery of application components for deployment into the test environment.
• Works collaboratively with various IT Service organizations to resolve issues related to product change activities.
• Execute setup activity for online and batch processing.
• Perform initial problem analysis for batch and online issues and communicate with application support contact for resolution.
• Escalate issues in a timely manner to ensure minimal impact to business deliverables.
• Develop and maintain batch processing documentation.
• Has an understanding of the principle and disciplines associated with ITIL practices, specifically Event, Incident, Request fulfillment, Problem and Change Management.
• Demonstrated proficiency with batch scheduling tools, ESP (mainframe), Tivoli workload Scheduler and Robot.
• Strong MVS JCL, TSO SDSF/ISPF knowledge.
• Experienced with operational tools: Endevor, PVCS, IMS, Omegamon/Oview, DB2 utilities, Connect:Direct, FTP.
• Experienced with reporting tools - HPSM, CRMTT, Internal Turnover documents
• Excellent written and Verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Familiar with Ms Office suite products: Excel, Word, Powerpoint.