3043 Walton Road
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Healthcare - Health Services
At least 3 year(s)
Come Grow with Health Advocate, Inc.
The need for Health Advocate’s valuable services is so great that we have grown to over 10 million members in 8 years. We help people navigate our nation’s complex healthcare system, make informed healthcare choices, resolve billing and claims issues and help them understand their health plans.
When members call us a caring, compassionate, dedicated and highly-qualified personal health advocate speaks with the caller. Featured on CBS Evening News, 10 NBC HealthWatch and national print media, Health Advocate (located in Plymouth Meeting, PA, suburban Philadelphia) is the nation’s leading health advocacy and assistance company.
If you like helping people and enjoy the challenge of resolving complex billing and claims issues, then we’d like you to consider joining our team. While researching and solving claims issues, you will interface with insurance carriers, physicians and hospitals; help members with eligibility and benefits coverage questions and assist in negotiating fees with healthcare providers on behalf of members in a customer service environment.
We need compassionate, dedicated individuals with first-rate listening and problem solving skills.
For specialists to successfully fulfill their responsibilities, additional qualifications include:
- MUST HAVE 3 years medical and/or dental billing/claims experience
- MUST HAVE experience working with health plan documents, benefit plans
- MUST HAVE Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Experience with fee negotiation, desirable
- Ability to follow-up with health plans, providers and patients to resolve questions and problems
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS coding
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with various software applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) and computer systems
- Familiarity with the Internet/web
- Ability to work flexible weekdays, including some evenings until 7:00 pm
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus