Healthcare - Health Services
2 Year Degree
At least 2 year(s)
The Discharge Planner, in conjunction with other members of the health care team is accountable for timely coordination of quality health care services to meet the patient's health care needs across the continuum of care. This position requires knowledge of the development stages as services are provided to infants, children, adolescent, pediatrics, adult and geriatric populations. The Discharge Planner initiates and implements utilization/resource management, continued stay monitoring, discharge planning, supporting optimal patient care outcomes.
- Valid California Nurses license in good standing with no restrictions.
- 3 – 5 years Case Management experience preferred
- 3 – 5 years experience in acute care, rehabilitation, discharge planning or utilization review preferred.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Strong Organization Skills.
- High comfort level with computers and computer programs (MS Word, MS Excel, Email).
- Must be Accurate and Efficient.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure, time sensitive environment.
About the Agency:
Managed Care Resources, Making Careers is a Health Care Staffing Agency in the niche fields of Case Management, Utilization Management / Review, Quality Management / Assurance and Performance Improvement. MCR, Making Careers has been servicing the State of California since 1987 providing Medical Professionals to Hospitals, Medical Groups, IPAs, Health Plans, Healthcare Foundations, Home Health Departments, Medical Offices, Managed Care and Insurance Companies in search of both Permanent and Temporary Staff. Call: (310)-470-4232 or (800)-350-1471 for more information!