ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS:
ACHIEVE, the area's premier provider of services to individuals with developmental disabilities throughout Broome and Tioga County is holding an on-site Job Fair for various open positions:
Wednesday, June 5th
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
47 Riverside Dr
Johnson City, NY 13790
Job Fair for people interested in working for ACHIEVE!
Visit our website for a list of current openings at www.achieveny.org
Please bring your resume. We look forward to seeing you at this event!
* Please include an ACHIEVE application with your resume to be considered for a position *
POSITION: Production Attendant
FT, Days, Mon-Fri
DEPARTMENT: Country Valley Industries
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director of CVI
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Production Attendant is responsible for general production tasks that are assigned by the Productions Operations Manager of the workshop facility. These duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Small parts hand assembly using basic hand tools such as screwdrivers, small wrenches and pliers.
Mailing and Paper Products:
2. Sorting collating, marking, inserting, bulking, grouping various printed matter, i.e. Booklets, letters, leaflets, flyers, advertisement pages, zip codes on mail.
Packaging Assorted Processed:
3. Packaging of small and medium products, i.e. Frito Lay 1 ½ oz. bag of vending products, small and medium corrugation of foam products, bottles of liquid odor eliminator products, audio tape and booklet assemble, plastic seal of various books and printed matter items (using hand operated L-bar sealer).
Hot and Cold Glue Dispensers:
4. Uses specific instructions from Production Operations Manager to process parts and assemblies.
5. Move materials to assist in setting up production lines, dispensing materials for production line feeding using trays, carts, small hand jacks for material transfer methods.
Production Data Collection:
6. Assist production supervisors in collection of basic production data and basic input information on production quantities. Assists in any inventory review process of production parts.
7. Assist production supervisor in data collection reviews on quality matters of production parts and assemblies. Uses specific instructions from Production Operations Manager in data collections, i.e. review products for correct length, etc.; uses basic tools such as small ruler, pre-set height gauge, or simple gap gauges, all with specific instructions.
8. Acts as a full member of the production team. May be required to cover for/or be reassigned to other work sections when deemed necessary.
9. Maintains a safe, hazard free work environment.
10. Works well in the sheltered workshop setting with mentally retarded/developmentally disabled individuals.
11. Any other duties as assigned by the Production Operations Manager