West LA/Santa Monica
Healthcare - Health Services
Not for Profit - Charitable
Nonprofit - Social Services
At least 1 year(s)
Direct Service Associate:
the nation's leading provider of services to adults and children with disabilities has a rewarding career as a direct service professional working with individuals in a residential setting. The Direct Service Associate
is responsible for teaching, coaching and assisting adults with intellectual challenges in all aspects of their daily living to foster independence and ensure their quality of life.
The job duties include:
- planning and coordinating daily activities
- attending to personal care needs such as feeding
- grooming, showering, toileting and monitoring and distributing medication.
The Direct Service Associate will also assist in food preparation and maintenance of the Private Residence. The Direct Care Associate will complete paperwork including progress notes and reports and may also transport individuals to appointments or other activities as necessary.
If you are looking for an organization that cares about it's employees, you have found it. We Promote from within.
Requirements for the Direct Service Associate:
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities required.
- DSP I certification or have training in 6 months
- First aid, cpr, cpi or experience helpful
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Requirements also include the ability to transport residents as necessary and provide:
- valid California Driver's License
healthcare, HC, CPR, CPR Certified, teaching, coaching, assisting, DSP Certified, DSP, non-profit, social services