Oil Refining - Petroleum - Drilling
4 Year Degree
5 to greater than 15 years
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Direct HIre
SUMMARY: Purchase engineered equipment, spare parts, operational chemicals, materials, supplies and services in a cost-effective, quality and timely manner for Hunt Refining Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Negotiates and purchases engineered equipment, spare parts for the maintenance warehouse inventory, operational chemicals, materials, supplies and services for the best, overall value, while ensuring that the pricing, quality, timeliness and quantity aspects are consistent with the requirements of the company.
- Obtains competitive bids, quotations and proposals from suppliers where market conditions warrant or as dictated by company policies and procedures; performs bid analyses and makes recommendations for best, overall value to meet company’s requirements.
- Liaises with commissioned engineering firms, suppliers, contractors and coordinates the exchange of information internally/externally with appropriate parties, whenever necessary, to assist with sourcing of goods, logistics and services.
- Locates and pre-qualifies new sources of supply opportunities where advantageous in price, quality, availability and/or reliability.
- Promotes a vivid sense of competitiveness, excellence, professionalism and fairness, at all times, in dealing with company’s suppliers.
- Employs appropriate tactics and strategies in developing short-term through long-term supply agreements that optimize the economics, quality and schedule requirements; aggregates and leverages the commodity spend by way of value-added supply programs.
- Facilitates the implementation and usage of electronic data interchange (EDI) technology with sources of supply trading partners, in conjunction with other e-procurement and innovative, automation methods to efficiently and cost-effectively replenish the spare parts inventory.
- Expedites purchase orders on a continuous, proactive basis to satisfy company’s requirements; initiates corrective action with suppliers, as necessary, for undesirable performance issues and notifies appropriate personnel within the company accordingly.
- Establishes the commercial elements for setting up new spare parts in the maintenance warehouse inventory.
- Performs requisite market analysis for key, commodity forecasts; monitors/evaluates risks in the supply chain and takes appropriate action to mitigate impact from any adverse price, quality or availability trends.
- Conducts supplier performance reviews to assure conformance in meeting company’s current requirements, as well as, existence of sound cost, quality and continuous improvement programs to meet company’s future requirements.
- Researches product technical information to maintain a competent working knowledge of various products’ attributes; performs value analysis accordingly to satisfy the form, fit and functional requirements at lowest, total cost.
- Facilitates prompt resolution of discrepancies pertaining to supplier invoices and corresponding freight bills.
- Interacts cohesively as a team player and works collaboratively with various levels of the organization within the company.
- Peruses contractual agreements for conformance to company’s standards prior to execution by the Purchasing Manager; ensures compliance to contractual requirements for documentation of mechanical completion phases and corresponding affidavits for release of mechanics’ liens on a timely basis.
- Creates purchase order confirmations electronically in company’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) software system (Oracle/JD Edwards EnterpriseOne).
- Supports all departmental and overarching strategic goals and objectives for the company.
- Assists with other related duties and responsibilities as may be directed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Management is required.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience in the purchasing/supply management field for either petroleum refining, petrochemical or chemical processing industries is highly preferred.
- Must have both commercial and technical aptitude toward purchasing engineered and highly specialized equipment for these processing industries.
- Exemplary ethical standards and confidentiality of company information are essential.
- Requires a high degree of interpersonal skills coupled with persuasive ability, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be proficient with use of business application software and enterprise purchasing/e-procurement software systems.
- A high level of initiative, business acumen, analytical and problem solving skills, good organizational habits and results-driven orientation is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Driver License