Healthcare - Health Services
At least 1 year(s)
HOURLY/LIVE IN CAREGIVER
Griswold Home Care refers compassionate caregivers who provide in-home personal care, homemaking, companionship and other services for older adults & adults with disabilities. We serve clients in all areas of Pasco County, Florida, north of the Tampa Bay metropolitan area.
Hourly: Hourly caregivers provide assistance during visits of 4 hours or more during a 24-hour period, depending on a client's needs. Shorter visits may be requested. No guarantee of hours, days, or type of work; Caregiver controls availability.
Live-in: Live-in caregivers are referred to provide 24-hour assistance to a senior or disabled adult. Room & board provided, with separate sleeping space. At least 8 hours sleep time and 2 hours personal time per day.
Duties: Personal care support to client in all necessary and requested activities of daily living, including bathing, preventative skin care, toileting, transfers, ambulation, active & participative range-of-motion activities, grooming, mouth care, etc. Independence training or safety supervision as needed. Assistance with self-administered medications only with periodic prompts and reminders. Homemaking support in the form of personal laundry; cleaning of bathroom, client's personal space, kitchen and light cleaning of general living areas; menu planning, shopping, meal preparation, errands, transportation to appointments, etc.
Griswold Home Care refers caregivers who possess the following:
- At least 1 year of experience caring for older or disabled adults; facility experience preferred
- Current Florida CNA license or HHA certificate showing at least 40 hours of training from an accredited school
- Current CPR certification for healthcare professional
- HIV training certificate
- 5 recent references (2 personal and 3 professional)
- Ability to pass a thorough Criminal Background Check
- Fitness to work and TB Clearance by a health care professional w/in 6 months
- Flexibility to adapt to client schedule, preferences and requests
- Physically capable of doing the work of a CNA
- Experience with mechanical lifts preferred
- Reliable transportation; valid driver’s license & car insurance
- Language and literacy skills adequate to communication needs and requests of clients.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.