4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
The Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Group is the world's largest provider of independent semiconductor manufacturing services in assembly and test. As a global leader geared towards meeting the industry's ever growing needs for faster, smaller and higher performance chips, the Group develops and offers a wide portfolio of technology and solutions including IC test program design, front-end engineering test, wafer probe, wafer bump, substrate design and supply, wafer level package, flip chip, system-in-package, final test and design manufacturing services through Universal Scientific Industrial Co Ltd, a member of the Advanced Semicondutor Engineering Group.
Semiconductors are the basic building blocks used to create electronic products and systems. Increasingly we are moving towards more sophisticated semiconductor applications, driven by market demands for faster, smarter, portable and integrated electronic products. In such products, the tiny semiconductor chip is constantly being pushed to greater limits. Semiconductor manufacturing consists of many processes - design of the integrated circuit (IC), preliminary testing of the viability of the design, wafer fabrication, packaging and final testing of the IC.
Our U.S. sales hub, located in California’s Silicon Valley, gives us strong presence in the global center of semiconductor design, which has a high concentration of fabless customers. As a result of our continued growth, we are looking for qualified professionals to fill the following position(s) in our U.S. offices:
- Working with customers on new product introduction, as well as existing product quality and field related issues
- Select and develop new package to meet customer requirement in electrical, thermal and mechanical by working with package design team and substrate vendors.
- Develops new package and process qualification programs. Define DOEs for new material selection, risk assessment, process optimization.
- Support different phases of qualification and production ramp up
- Troubleshoot field related issues, maintains quality of existing packages for all product groups.
- Working with R&D groups for new technology development and technology promotions to customers
- Ability to work with cross function teams inside and outside of ASE, to help customer developing product to gain market share with The Group.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IC packaging, quality, manufacturing and assembly.
- Knowledge in semiconductor product development from design, characterization, qualification, test and failure analysis.
- Familiar with reliability testing and methodology, failure analysis principles and techniques.
- Familiar with ATE testing methodology and bench testing equipments
- Package and system level thermal, mechanical, and electrical experiences are major plus.
- Good team player. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Bachelor Degree in Physics, Electronics, Mechanical, or Material science
COMPANY BENEFITS: We provide a comprehensive benefit package to all of its full time employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Flex Plan, & Life Insurance Eligibility for enrollment in our 401 (k) Plan after successfully completing your 90 day introductory period.