TITLE: PROGRAM MANAGER
DURATION: 6-12 MONTH CONTRACT
LOCATION: ANY HUB LOCATION
- Current PMI certification
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
- Total command of PMI methodology. Masterful written and verbal communication skills – ability to articulate project/program status, risks, issues/actions and customer dependencies with VP or Cxx level on the customer side
- Business acumen
- Knowledge of telecommunications technologies and the Avaya solution portfolio.
This position represents the single point of contact, responsibility and accountability for implementation of large, complex, converged communications solutions for customers. Solution implementations managed by the Program Manager typically encompass integration of multiple vendors, products and applications, within a converged voice, video and data environment, across multiple locations, domestic and worldwide. The Program Manager represents CLIENT as a strategic communications and integration partner for CLIENT’S customers.
The Program Manager will typically be assigned to support CLIENT’S largest, most strategic customers either in a direct sales model or via certified business partners. In general, the position is responsible for ensuring customer needs are satisfied through providing specific deliverables. Oversees the overall program/project plan, budget, schedule, Project Management Office (PMO) and staffing requirements. Ensures the quality of activities and deliverables of CLIENT associates, business partner, customer and third-party vendors.
The job may oversee technical development and is instrumental in the overall planning and selling of related support services. Often works with management consultants or client principals in the latter stages of strategic planning and design efforts to ensure solution quality and facilitate an orderly hand-off to the services delivery team. Also oversees the handoff to Global Support Services (maintenance) upon project completion.
The scope of programs managed is typically sufficient to impact the customer's market position and long-term business strategy. Work is performed with minimal direction and reviewed by senior management. Anticipates and identifies complex business needs and recommends solutions to complex problems. Typically requires 7 - 10 years experience and a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities/Accountabilities):
- On an ongoing basis, partners with CLIENT account team and client to identify strategic growth opportunities via an understanding of how the application of products, services and maintenance support can facilitate the achievement of the client’s business objectives.
- Identifies, assembles, and manages the program/project team. This typically consists of a hierarchy of multiple project managers and technical delivery consultants supporting the various elements of complex solution integration projects, including the overall responsibility for management of the PMO environment.
- Ensures compliance with the contract.
- Responsible for closing projects based on committed dates and delivering project revenue. This includes accurate forecasting of all program/project revenue on a weekly basis.
- Validates Quality Assurance of the proposed solution prior to initiation of delivery activities.
- Establishes, tracks and oversees overall program timelines and budget.
- Schedules, chairs, and provides agendas and minutes for all program/project team meetings, as well as periodic executive stakeholder reviews. Executes program/project initiation and kickoff process
- Develops and executes comprehensive Project Plans consisting of the following components:
- Implementation Plan
- Change Management Plan
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Risk Analysis & Contingency Plans
- Escalation Plan
- Training Plan
- Communication Plan
- Solution Test Plan(s)
- Cutover Plan
- Project Acceptance Agreement/Plan
- Manages Risk and on-going Quality Assurance
- Manages escalations
- Follows the established Program/Project Management Methodology, and provides input to continually improve processes.
- Ability to travel and be customer facing up to 75% of the time.