$35.00 - $38.75 /Hour
Internet - ECommerce
QA - Quality Control
4 Year Degree
3 to 10 years
LONG TERM CONTRACT TEST ENGINEER POSITION
THROUGH ULTIMATE STAFFING AT CLIENT SITE IN CLARKSBURG, MD
Very Local applicants only please.
Perform acceptance and regression testing on Set Top Box (STB) products. Meet product testing needs of the organization by executing to test plans based on functional and technical specifications.
Candidate will be a key hands-on contributor in the product development life-cycle. Candidate will work closely with program management and engineering teams to identify, validate and report failures and anomalies uncovered during product testing and ensure that all failures and anomalies are corrected or disposition before product launch. Ensure that the test results are thorough and clear so that sound decision making can be achieved in relation to the functional specification and customer expectations.
The candidate for this position must have the ability to work as an individual contributor, team member in a position to test and analyze STB products on tight schedules throughout the development cycle. The candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Execute End User testing to find issues that directly impact the customer in addition to tests developed based on DIRECTV specification.
- Strive for efficiency in performing product functionality, usability and interoperability testing according to approved test plan and test schedule.
- Perform logical validation process of failures prior to dissemination of information to functional groups or suppliers.
- Identifying, analyzing, and documenting software defects and work with the software development team to troubleshoot and resolve any software/hardware issues.
- Provide feedback on test plans and procedures developed by Test Development and End to End Systems groups for the purpose of improving accuracy, clarity and quality of documents and execution.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Break down problems into smaller components, understand underlying issues, simplify and process complex issues, understand the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Product Knowledge: Be proficient in product features and understand products limitations and customer's interactions with the product as an End User.
- Teamwork: Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help PM’s to meet goals, welcome newcomers and promote a team atmosphere.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in technical field (e.g. EE, ME, Computer Science, etc.).
- Experience in software/hardware development and/or software/hardware test/quality assurance engineering.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux.
- Desired Certifications include: CISSP, CCDA, MCSE or CCNA
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills is highly required.
- Ability to use different types of test equipments such as oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, power meter and amp meter.
- Experience in RF, MPEG video compression, ATSC, satellite communication, Internet data transmission protocols is a plus.
- Detailed working knowledge of test standards and protocols.
- Strong work ethic with a "can-do" attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications a must.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- ASQ CRE, CQM or CQE desirable.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 QMS standard desirable.
Knowledge of the following technologies is a plus:
- ATM, Dial Internet
- NICs and Switches
- Fiber optic and CAT 5 cabling
- Diagnostic tools such as Network Sniffers
- IP trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to review data transmission traces to identify application deficiencies