CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER NEEDED FROM BANK $500 MM in assets or larger. Must be open to relocation ASAP . Must have degree with CRCM certification.
Position Summary: The Compliance Officer’s primary responsibility is to ensure that requirements of regulatory laws, bank secrecy act and community reinvestment act are being implemented. The Compliance Officer will act as a liaison between regulatory agencies and the various departments within the organization on regulatory and related matters. This position must oversee the bank functions through the compliance monitoring program and branch audits. The Compliance Officer administratively reports to the Board with dotted line to President and COO. Additionally, the Compliance Officer has a responsibility to report, monthly, to the Board of Directors in a manner consistent with the Compliance Charter.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Compliance Officer include the following:
- Maintain a current understanding of all compliance responsibilities required by law, regulation or best practice;
- Develop, implement, and administer all aspects of the Bank's Compliance Management Program relating to the Bank’s compliance responsibilities;
- Organize and control the Bank's day-to-day administrative, lending and operational compliance activities;
- Collaborate with the bank officers in the overall administration of these directives for the Bank;
- Participate in various committees, audits and examinations;
- Perform duties as the Community Reinvestment Act Officer and the Privacy Officer;
- Conduct staff training related to new hires, compliance, customer service, mainframe and software computer programs; and
- Report to and advises the Board of Directors, Senior Management and Bank personnel of emerging compliance issues and consults and guides the Bank in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure implementation of policies and procedures in accordance with law and regulations to keep risk and potential losses at a minimum. Must have working knowledge of CRA Wiz Software for HMDA/CRA Data collection.
- Maintain a working knowledge of policies, procedures, FDIC requirements, federal and state laws.
- Review and disseminate changes in amended or new regulations and assist in the implementation of changes.
- Establish and maintain compliance resources.
- Review marketing material to ensure that it meets compliance requirements.
- Oversee and provide compliance training. Assist Trainer with training program and manuals.
- Serve as Chairman of Compliance Committee.
- Coordinate Quarterly Compliance Committee and quarterly CRA Committee meetings.
- Prepare and present quarterly updates to Compliance Board Committee.
- Coordinate and process CRA/HMDA reporting.
- Review BSA reporting and BSA/Compliance correspondence received.
- Review losses and fraud situations.
- Serve as liaison with Security Officer, Bank Attorneys and Law enforcement.
- Review various daily and monthly reports to ensure that regulations, policies and procedures are followed to reduce potential losses.
- Resolve customer exceptions.
- Schedule bank staff for all training requirements.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of bank personnel to ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations, including, but not limited to:
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B)
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Reg C)
- Loans to Executive Officers/Directors and Principal Shareholders (Reg O)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (Reg V)
- Truth in Lending (Reg Z)
- Flood Disaster Protection Act (Reg H)
- Community Reinvestment Act (Reg CC)
- USA Patriot Act (International Money Laundering Abatement/Financial Anti-Terrorism Act (2001)
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Reg X)
- Fair Housing Act including Unfair & Deceptive Act or Practices (Reg AA)
- Reserve Requirements (Reg D)
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Reg E)
- Interest on Deposits (Reg Q)
- Privacy (Reg P)
- Availability of Funds & Collections of Checks (Reg CC)
- Truth in Savings (Reg DD)
- Right to Financial Privacy, including Unfair & Deceptive Act Practices (Reg AA)
- Bank Secrecy Act (31 CFR 103)
- Ensure BSA/CRA/OFAC Policies are followed to reduce risk and potential loss for the bank.
- Ensure that Compliance Training is done to keep employees aware of laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the Compliance Monitoring Program is completed to reduce exposure.
The Compliance Officer will assume other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Directors, the Compliance Committee and the CEO.
Please send resume in MS Word as an attachment to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call Sharon Emiliano at 214-823-9999 @ #306 for additional details.