1124 Tower Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Engineering - Machinery
Repair / Maintenance Services
4 Year Degree
Novaspect, Inc, an Emerson Local Business Partner and global leader of process systems and solutions, is currently offering an opportunity for a (New Grad) Application Engineer to join our fast paced, customer orientated valve sales team in our Schaumburg, IL location. The successful candidate will assist in all stages of the sales cycle, including interpretation of customer specifications, recommending optimal solutions, preparation of quotations, quote follow-up, and purchase order review, all the while ensuring customer service is maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop competitive engineered solutions to customer specifications and requirements using products and services provided by Novaspect.
- Articulate technical features and benefits of our products to our customers.
- Expand sales opportunities when interacting with customer.
- Prepare quotations and bid proposals.
- Troubleshoot customer technical questions; provide aftermarket product support.
- Understand and implement pricing strategies, marketing and account management plans.
- Communicate opportunities, discuss customer issues and work with Outside Sales and Customer Service in developing customer account planning.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in products and industries.
- Actively participates with team members to achieve company goals.
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Good technical knowledge of our products in valve process applications.
- Understands control valve sizing & selection processes.
- Ability to manage time well and handle multiple priorities maintaining a positive attitude and composure. Quickly embraces, learns and applies new technology and/or procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and proven ability maintain high customer service.
- Proven ability to build and support teamwork.
- Highly accountable and internally motivated by challenges.
- Required: BS degree in Engineering (mechanical or chemical preferred)
- Preferred: 2+ years engineering or inside sales experience preferred
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems).