Primo Number One in Produce, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time Transportation/Logistics Manager.
This position is responsible for all aspects of transportation including management of our team of 25+ drivers, business development of 3rd party logistical solutions, developing creative solutions to immediate business needs, DOT compliance, fleet maintenance, routing and dispatching.
This position will involve taking phone calls during off hours and on weekends.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
* Bachelors degree or college plus related experience
* Minimum 5 years experience as a manager in the transportation field
* Complete knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
* Experience in negotiating and securing 3rd party logistics business
* Strong communication and management skills
*Ability to lead and motivate a team of drivers
* Must have excellent judgment and problem solving skills and the ability to act quickly.
* Ability to work well with other departments - sales, warehousing, etc.
* Ability to deal with JIT dispatching situations.
* Strong attention to detail and computer skills
Primo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short term disability, paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume along with salary requirements today.
Visit us at www.primoproduce.com to learn more about our company.