The Infrastructure/Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Highway/ Transportation Engineer for immediate employment in the Columbus, OH office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Highway/Transportation Engineering specific to intersection and roadway design, traffic control design, and the preparation of construction documents, including plans, specifications and construction estimates.
The candidate can look forward to projects including:
• Intersection and Interchange Improvement Plans
• Interstate Reconstruction Plans
• Rural Roadway Improvement Plans
• Maintenance of Traffic Plans
• Drainage and Erosion Control Plans
Responsibilities include a combination of the following:
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering for a moderate scope project
• May develop and evaluate project plans and criteria for a variety of roadway or intersection projects
• Verifies that applicable codes, engineering standards and environmental commitments are being met
• Reviews and approves scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments
• Tracks overall financial performance of task assignment, which includes coordinating with the Project Manager to monitor sold time and work backlog on task
• Actively involved with clients and business development including proposal assistance
• Delegates work to, mentors, trains and supervises less experienced staff to complete assignments
• Participates in public meetings and presentations
• Conducts peer reviews, initiates quality control procedures and makes technical presentations
• Other duties as assigned
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume online at www.urscorp.com
and refer to Requisition # URS67320
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of experience designing roadways for the Ohio Department of Transportation
• Proficient with Micro Station, Geopak and/or Inroads and Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills
• Diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas related to highway geometric design, intersection design, utilities, infrastructure, earthwork, drainage and streetscape
• Ability to solve complex issues with limited direction
• Diversified knowledge of technology, materials, equipment, design concepts and construction techniques
• Valid driver's license required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test