Accounting - Finance
Banking - Financial Services
4 Year Degree
Fidelity Pricing and Cash Management Services (FPCMS) provides accounting and investment management support services to the Fidelity mutual funds, partnerships and other investment vehicles, as well as many of Fidelity business partners. As a captive service provider, FPCMS provides the administrative processes to the funds such as calculating net asset values, tax distributions and yields for a wide variety of investment products; preparing fund financial statements, dividend estimates and tax returns; monitoring delivery of fund trades to custodian banks; processing corporate actions; collecting securities income on behalf of the funds; reconciling, reporting and moving money in support of fund shareholder transactions on an ongoing bases and in support of new product initiatives.
The role of the Vice President of FPCMS Tax Services is being created to provide additional leadership and tax technical knowledge to help support the operational challenges of new products, regulatory requirements, system initiative, people development, relationship management and direction of the FPCMS Tax group.
The Vice President will need to collaborate with his/her customers and work with the leadership team to prioritize initiatives and align resources to enable their success. The initiatives include but are not limited to new product launches, system initiatives, tax legislation, and operational improvement.
Although the initial role will not have direct reports, candidates should be able to transition into an operational leadership role for the group that sets direction by promoting an environment supporting its customers needs, mitigating risk to the organization and driving constant improvement into our people, process and technology.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance
• CPA required
• Master’s of Science in Taxation a plus
• Public accounting experience in RIC, Partnership and/or Securities Taxation required
• 15+ years of Mutual Fund or Partnership Tax experience
Skills and Knowledge
• Advanced technical knowledge of RIC Tax and Partnership Tax.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of management and make high impact decisions.
- Willingness to collaborate on intellectually challenging issues.
- Effective leader as demonstrated through partnering, vision setting, goal setting, prioritizing and providing strategic momentum.
- Strong business thinker that aligns decision–making with the longer term vision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence policy decisions where appropriate.
- Very strong organizational and facilitation skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits outsourcing services to over 20 million individuals and institutions as well as thousands of financial intermediary firms. The firm is the largest mutual fund company in the United States, the No. 1 provider of workplace retirement savings plans, the largest mutual fund supermarket, a leading online brokerage firm and one of the largest providers of custody and clearing services to financial professionals. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit http://www.fidelity.com/