Randstad Technologies is looking for an Infrastructure Solutions Architect for a contract to hire opportunity.
The Infrastructure Solutions Architect is responsible for delivering key business solutions or participating on key architecture initiatives. When working on business initiatives, the Infrastructure Solutions Architect will be responsible for coordinating projects from a technology perspective, ensuring that platform (applications) and Infrastructure are consistent with the direction set by accepted best practices.
When working on architecture initiatives, the Solutions Architect will be part of a team of peers working on highly technical, architecture initiatives.
- The Infrastructure Solutions Architect must be able to take high level direction, formulate a plan to achieve the goals and execute the plan
- The Infrastructure Solutions Architect will be expected to work on multiple tasks and initiatives concurrently and to be able to delegate effectively
- The selected candidate will be responsible for architecting and designing the infrastructure/application solutions for various projects
- The candidate will also be responsible for architectural documentation and diagrams
- This is an Infrastructure / design / architect type role (it’s not a software development application side type role)
- At least 4 years experience in Operating Systems - Experience in designing on MS Windows Server technologies, Unix, Linux and virtualization (VMWare)
- At least 4 years experience in Databases - Experience in designing infrastructure for databases, e.g., high availability, D/R solutions around databases - Oracle, MS SQL etc. This is not a role looking for a DBA though / or someone who has done DBA work.
- At least 4 years experience in Systems Management - Knowledge of enterprise class network and server management solutions
- At least 4 years experience in Storage and Backup - Experience in designing solutions for managing enterprise class storage network solutions around technologies like SAN, NAS, Encrypting file system and products like HP, EMC and NetApp storage devices
- Five years of experience in Internet Technologies - Web servers (IIS, Apache), Proxy servers, Load balancers, Global site selector, Firewalls, Certificate, SSO (Kerberos, ADFS, CA SiteMinder) etc.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Directory Services - LDAP/AD/ADAM.
- 4 years experience in Application servers - Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic, IBM Lotus Notes, Microsoft Sharepoint, eRoom etc.
- 4 years experience in Hardware - Basic knowledge of rack mounted servers, blades, etc.
- At least 4 years of experience in Capacity and performance - Experience in designing infrastructure to meet the performance requirements of the application based on the data collected from the legacy system and model for the future grow. Knowledge of the performance measurement diagram and utilities
- Strong familiarity with multi-tiered, highly available applications in a hosted data center environment is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn existing complex systems infrastructure
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, must be organized and detail-oriented
- Solid teaming and interpersonal skills with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely with culturally diverse and geographically dispersed teams
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office, Visio and Project
- Data center consolidation / migration as well as disaster recovery experience, highly desirable
• Shift: Mon-Fri, something around the “core business hours” of 8-5
Randstad Technologies is an EOE-M/F/V/D and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world.