Unix Administrator (3rd Shift)
• Providing supervision and technical mentoring of on-site Tier 2 and Tier 1 NOC staff
• Oversight of NOC projects assigned to overnight staff and providing updates to Management
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced ability to administer Unix OS and application specific performance tuning.
• Providing business continuity across existing overnight shifts, assignment of projects and oversight thereof to existing Tier 2 NOC personnel as well as technical mentoring of Tier 1 NOC staff.
• Customers, via a ticket a ticket based support system will dictate approx 50% of responsibility.
- At least 3 years of UNIX administration experience with a desire to progress into a managerial role.
- Shell scripting and automation of system tasks (Bourne Shell, BASH, CSH are acceptable).
- Knowledge of basic configuration of Cisco switches, including routing of IP addresses (IPv4 & IPv6).
- Experience with BGP4 and/or MPLS encapsulation a plus.
- Installation and configuration of Virtualization technologies such as VmWare/Xen/XenCenter/MS HyperV.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS and switch based network topologies, such as basic TCP/IP routing, OSPF, BGP4, MPLS and familiarity with Cisco devices.
Randstad Technologies is an EOE-M/F/V/D and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world.