This position is responsible for the repair of Refrigerators, Freezers (sealed and non-sealed systems) and other appliance in the customer’s home. CFC certification is required for this opening. Other home appliance repaired include: Washers & Dryers, Gas & Electric Stoves, Microwave Ovens, Dishwashers, Trash Compactors, and Garbage Disposers.
This position provides timely and quality repairs of customers’ products while maintaining high customer service. Additionally, technicians promote and sell additional products and services that directly impact the profitability of the company. We provide a service van, specialized tools, uniforms, laptop computer, cell telephone, and periodic training.
To provide the proper customer focus, the In-Home Service Technician must:
•Work as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible and expert service to every customer
•Demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet customer time commitments
•Successfully complete all Technician III training elements within required timeframes
•Meet key performance metrics and/or productivity goals as defined by the business
•Provide knowledgeable and courteous repair service
•Continuously look for methods to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience
•Follow the Value Added Services Process (i.e., selling extended warranties, water filters, etc.) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer
•Provide direction to a Technical Helper, as applicable
•Ability to receive truck stock at home if the company vehicle is retained at the technician’s place of residence or other designated location.
•Mentor other technicians, as applicable
•Maintain truck stock inventory within the prescribed company guidelines and standards
•Follow the truck maintenance schedule and keep a clean, organized truck
•Adhere to all company policies and procedures
•Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Certification and /or licenses as required Applicants holding a master-level trade / occupational license(s), i.e. HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, General Contractor, Plumbing, which may be used to qualify Sears, may be given hiring preference and additional compensation based on business needs. Please indicate the type of license held, state in which it is valid, and the expiration date on your resume and/or application.
• Must be able to pass the pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and driver’s license check
• Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and be willing to submit to random drug testing, per company policy.
• Experience and aptitude with computers and databases
Installation - Maint - Repair, Other, Skilled Labor - Trades
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.