$50,000 - $65,000 /Year
Accounting - Finance
4 Year Degree
Vaco - Los Angeles (LAX)
Dynamic, fast paced organization looking for a Financial Analyst to join the team!! Candidate must have sharp communicatin skills, able to work in a fast moving envirionment and able to communicate with executive level managers.
Financial Analyst will support the Sr. Financial Analyst with planning, reporting and analysis for the organization. Advanced Excel including Pivot Tables, V, H Lookups are a must ! The position requires daily administration of multiple planning and analysis applications that help ensure financial transparency to executive management. MAJOR ACTIVITIES TO ENSURE ACHIEVEMENT OF KEY RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES1. Planning, Analysis and Reporting
- Support Sr. Financial Analyst with the coordination of administration, maintenance and input into the financial planning applications (SAP BI, SAP ERP and Hyperion Planning).
- Work with Marketing Team and Business Units to validate accuracy and reasonableness of forecasts.
- Create Advanced Excel Pivot Tables and V Lookups.
- Collaborate with marketing team and business units in their annual planning, quarterly revisions and monthly estimated final cost updates using SAP BI reporting, planning and excel.
- Analyze monthly marketing variances against plan and prior year (i.e. project level, GL account level, profit center level detail) using SAP BI Reporting.
- Summarize monthly marketing variances, generate a monthly management summary and discuss with Sr. Financial Analyst.
- Create Financial models.
2. Analysis of Organizations Marketing
3. Month End Close Process
- Collaborate with Sr. Financial Analyst on ROI for Team Program and prepare/distribute monthly reports.
- Collaborate with 3rd parties vendors to collect monthly outstanding liabilities.
- Perform comparative analysis of national and regional marketing events based on location, seasonality, and target consumer group.
- Generate Sampling and Sponsoring goods analysis and work to provide efficiencies in this area.
4. Perform Ad-hoc Analysis
- Complete SAP CO financial month end close process: global and local coding reconciliations for projects and GL accounts, prepare journal entries when necessary.
- Generate analysis of marketing related expenditures, plan vs. actual, to determine what needs to be accrued and prepare journal entries when necessary.
- Perform account reconciliations including research, documentation and preparation of any necessary adjustments.
- Consolidate and prepare monthly marketing accruals
5 Manage Compliance Documentation
- Support the Sr. Financial Analyst, Finance Department, and Marketing Department as a business partner to help improve financial transparency and accountability.
- Potential assignment to special studies/teams to assist management in evaluating key opportunities for the company.
- Manage the administration of SAP CO reporting, SAP BI reporting and planning infrastructures (i.e. creation of internal orders, cost elements, update hierarchies / decision trees, user access, etc.).
- Ensure all Finance and Accounting criteria are in accordance with global and local applicable policies and procedures including internal control compliance.
- Manage the documentation and dissemination of global and local reporting requirements to the organization.
- Implement and maintain controlling structure in accordance with global controlling guidelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Must be proficient in Excel including experience using Pivot Tables, V, H Lookups .
Bachelor degree in Finance from an accredited college or university.
Two to three years of work experience, preferably in the consumer packaged goods industry or with a Fortune 500 company.
Must be proficient with pivot tables, table arrays, decision trees and / or hierarchies. Strong familiarity with SAP R/3, SAP BI, and Hyperion.
Experience of independently managing projects and delivering results on-time, accurately and successfully.
Strong communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of management and persuasively present financial issues to non finance personnel.
Strongly analytical skills and adept at identifying trends and variances.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Strong organizational and financial skills.
Strong Accounting background.
Ability to operate well in a matrix environment.