Architecture - Building
Engineering - Precision
Engineering - Services
Admin - Clerical
4 Year Degree
Faithful Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their projects. We can offer varied and interesting work with a number of high profile clients across our key business sectors which include: Aviation, Commercial, Education, Energy, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Arts & Leisure, Pharmaceutical, and Manufacturing. We have 19 offices across the United States and are part of an ever expanding international business operating in Europe, the UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our goal is to serve the interests of our clients by aligning our comprehensive management approach with client strategic objectives to ensure successful project outcomes.
Faithful Gould seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Atlanta staff as a Lead Scheduler working at our manfucturing client in Greenville, SC. The Lead Scheduler will provide various planning/scheduling related tasks including preparing schedules, reviewing schedules prepared by consultantnts or contractors, and analyzing delay claims.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Supports the Project Team and stakeholders with time management
- Establishes criteria for schedule development (schedule detail, work
breakdown structure (WBS), etc.
- Develops and updates summary level as well as detailed schedules.
- Develops lists of design, procurement, construction and post
construction activities based review of design documents,
examination of site conditions and discussions with owners, design
consultants and contractors.
- Identifies major milestones, critical approvals and long lead procurement items.
- Determines reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on
discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Develops realistic activity durations based on production rates and
available manpower based on discussion with task owners and/or
- Assigns resources (cost, labor or material) to activities and develops
cash flow reports and resource histograms.
- Evaluates critical and near critical path activity sequences.
- Assesses actual progress based on site inspections.
- Identifies schedule changes and trends.
- Develops earned value reports.
- Suggests corrective actions and/or develops recovery plans when
delays are anticipated or occur.
- Prepares time and cost delay claims.
- Supports risk allocation and value engineering workshops.
- Prepares scheduling specifications.
- Reviews architect and contractor prepared schedules.
- Prepares post construction as-built schedules and lessons learned
- Teaches scheduling techniques.
- Manages the strategic aspects of large engagements and mitigates
- Oversees senior managers and managers working on clientengagements within practice.
- Reviews high-level deliverables across practice.
- Ensures engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
take place for all practice engagements.
- Provides leadership to practice within a geographic area.
- Develops, implements, and maintains sound business practices.
- Develops and implements strategic objectives for practice aligned
with the region's strategic initiatives.
- Champions delivery of Constructive Expertise at all aspects of
- Reports profit and loss figures, as required.
- Consolidates and analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates
and utilization across practice, as required.
- Contributes to pipeline forecasts and broad-based financial picture
- Addresses and resolves all billing issues, as required.
- Ensures practice meets or exceeds budgeted financial objectives,
including revenue and margin.
- Develops and meets revenue and other financial goals for practice.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and
utilization across practice.
- Manages the negotiation of contract pricing when necessary.
- Provides leadership and guidance in all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Takes a lead role in monitoring the identification and development of
strategic accounts, as required.
- Involves, as appropriate, the Faithful Gould marketing and business
development teams in order to achieve sales goals.
- Manages business development on a tactical level for practice.
- Grows long-term relationships with clients and key consultants to
capitalize on equity and partnership opportunities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging industry practices and
the potential application on client engagements.
- Promotes Faithful Gould through speaking engagements at industry
conferences and involvement in local business organizations.
- Ensures practice is well informed at all times of changes and news
worthy events within Faithful Gould.
- Effectively communicates relevant practice information to superiors.
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate
discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate
alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
The appropriately qualified candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Eleven - fourteen years project cost and schedule experience is
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related
Engineering field. An industry relevant degree is preferred but
equivalent experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- Strong to excellent understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method)
concepts and calculations.
- Strong to excellent understanding of Earned Value concepts,
calculations, and rules of credit.
- Proficiency in Primavera scheduling products.
- Experience in analyzing contractor-prepared delay claims.
- Achieves excellence in all areas of business.
- Champions change, effectively manages the implementation of new
- Champions the process of delivering constructive expertise
- Highly articulate, clear and analytical approach to problem solving.
Clear decision making abilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Thoroughly understands and utilizes Information Technology in the
performance of their work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft
Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft