Healthcare - Health Services
Title: RN - First Assistant
City, State: Nashville,TN
Location: STH - D&T Building
Department: Surgery IP
Additional Job Details: FT Days
The RN First Assistant provides direct assistance to surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
Education & Experience:
- One (1) year operating room experience required.
- First Assistant experience preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical First Assistant Program.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Reg Nurse First Assistant required.
- Current Tennessee or Kentucky licensure or Compact State license as an RN required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Saint Thomas Health is an equal opportunity employer.