Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Parallon is currently seeking Medicare Specialist for our Collections Team! Responsible for all aspects of Medicare receivable processing, including but not limited to, billing, collection, account and system maintenance, process reconciliation, and productivity reporting.
• Maintains current knowledge of all office operations, job specific requirements and related regulations.
• Reviews all claims for completeness, reasonableness of charges, and appropriateness of billing codes, and payer information.
• Pursues timely collection of each claim using thorough follow-up efforts appropriate to each payer.
• Reviews, makes corrections to, and insures the legibility of outgoing secondary bills, and other correspondence before sending.
• Handles all incoming phone calls and inquiries in an appropriate manner.
• Properly processes and responds to incoming correspondence.
• Contacts and effectively communicates with all parties involved in the resolution of accounts placed.
• Completes work request timely and in accordance with instruction.
• Performs all of the task necessary to maintain current and accurate account information in each of the appropriate systems (i.e. entering notes, claims on hold).
• Forwards and logs all documentation related to processes and duties which are transferred to other employees.
• Brings problems and troubling accounts, as well as related questions, to his/her immediate supervisor's attention daily.
• Exercised good judgment and makes sound decisions in the absence of detailed instructions or in a emergency situation.
• Treats client request with a high priority. Quickly informs supervisor and any other personnel needed to help carry out the request timely, accurately, and according to instruction.
• Strives to improve current operations by identifying inefficiencies and recurring problems, and by making suggestions to the immediate supervisor.
• Adapts and conforms to company and client requirements not specified in this job description/performance review.
• Promotes the Medicare Service Center and helps to identify the necessary resources to meet the needs of its customers.
• Practice and adhere to the 'Code of Conduct' philosophy and 'Mission and Value Statement'
• Other duties as assigned